Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/25 09:50:33 UTC

Using checkStyle and PMD inside Eclipse IDE

I was looking to a more integrated way to use the CheckStyle and PMD inside
the Eclipse IDE, instead of having to run it from the command line and then
manually parse the results and come back to fix them.

After a quick search, I found the following plugins :

CheckStyle : http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/

PMD : http://pmd.sourceforge.net/integrations.html

What are you guys using ? Looks like the PMD plugin give a different result
from when I use the command line, so if anyone have other better
suggestions, please let me know.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Using checkStyle and PMD inside Eclipse IDE

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 25, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> I was looking to a more integrated way to use the CheckStyle and
> PMD inside
> the Eclipse IDE, instead of having to run it from the command line
> and then
> manually parse the results and come back to fix them.
>
> After a quick search, I found the following plugins :
>
> CheckStyle : http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/
>
> PMD : http://pmd.sourceforge.net/integrations.html
>
> What are you guys using ? Looks like the PMD plugin give a
> different result
> from when I use the command line, so if anyone have other better
> suggestions, please let me know.
Dan, Meeraj, or Raymond may know for Eclipse. I'm an old-fashioned
guy (or maybe just a masochist) and prefer the command line since
that is where I do checkins from. I generally only run Checkstyle and
PMD prior to checkin so this process has worked well for me.

Jim