Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vidya <vi...@tcs.com> on 2016/01/05 07:27:09 UTC

Querying with action parameter included in URL

Hi

I am pretty new to solr and when i am going through the tutorials , I came
across urls for querying like
"http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/configs?action=CREATE&name=booksConfig&baseConfigSet=genericTemplate"
.
I wanted to know how to implement the same by doing changes in schema.xml or
solrconfig.xml. Where should i make changes when an "action=" is specified.

Thanks in advance

Re: Querying with action parameter included in URL

Posted by davidphilip cherian <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidya,

I think you are confused with solr search queries/requests with solr other
restful apis to perform CRUD operations on collections.

Sample of search queries are list here with standard query parser :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Standard+Query+Parser

Solr collection apis to perform crud operations on collections :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
I think that all this will do is create a config file with the name
booksConfig based on a template. This and other calls like these are solr's
core admin api calls that you make through http requests.
You don't need to make any changes to your schema or solrconfig files in
order to execute such calls.

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, 11:57 vidya <vi...@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am pretty new to solr and when i am going through the tutorials , I came
> across urls for querying like
> "
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/configs?action=CREATE&name=booksConfig&baseConfigSet=genericTemplate
> "
> .
> I wanted to know how to implement the same by doing changes in schema.xml
> or
> solrconfig.xml. Where should i make changes when an "action=" is specified.
>
> Thanks in advance

Binoy Dalal