Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Felipe Arturo Polanco <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/07 01:25:07 UTC

Static Nat how to

Hi,

Can anyone provide me a link to how to adjust the firewall with static Nat
of a virtual router?

My VMs can get access to the Internet via the virtual router but when I
assign a public IP via static Nat nothing happens, looks like the firewall
is not allowing outside communication.

I put some rules on the static IP like icmp 8,0 or tcp port 22 but no
response.

I'm using the default isolated network offering with nat.

Any guest?

Re: Static Nat how to

Posted by Makrand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felipe,

Very Strange.

1) I assume the communication on the private IP is fine between VR and VMs?

2) What's version of ACS and hyper-visor?

Just a small suggestion: VRs are bit strange creatures in ACS
world.....just try to do clean network restart so it will create a brand
new VR. Rebooting this way have solved few network related issues for me in
past.

--
Makrand

Re: Static Nat how to