Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by whiteman <wh...@centrum.cz> on 2019/01/02 15:13:25 UTC

Re: Migrate from 2.6 to 2.7

Hi guys,

As far as I am concerned this is a breaking behaviour. In Apache Ignite v
2.5 it was possible to have the SQL query inside the optimistic serializable
transaction. Point here is that SQL query might not be part of the
transaction (no guarantees) but was at least performed. In 2.7 this code
won't work at all. The advice to move all SQL queries outside the
transactions is in real world not possible. It would greatly increased
complexity of the codebase. My question is if there is a switch for enabling
pre 2.7 behaviour.

THanks,
Cheers,
D.

Re: Migrate from 2.6 to 2.7

Posted by whiteman <wh...@centrum.cz>.
Hello!

thanks for prompt resolution, will try once 2.8 is out.

Best!

Re: Migrate from 2.6 to 2.7

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Cross-posting: I have filed a blocker ticket about it.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Migrate from 2.6 to 2.7

Posted by whiteman <wh...@centrum.cz>.
Hi,

No, I am not using JDBC driver.
Re switching to the pessimistic transaction, tried but is not working
correctly in some cases, for instance, .clear() on caches and some more...
which is fine as Igniters state it's not production ready yet. Obviously
happy guys you are adding new transaction semantics :)

Re: Migrate from 2.6 to 2.7

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.