Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2006/10/10 03:46:45 UTC

Re: Cumulative changes

On 10/10/06 1:09 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Monday, October 09, 2006 9:37 PM +0100 Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>
> Agreed, but it would be nice if there was a link in the release
> announcement to the Changes file (or to the previous release announcement).
> This could be to the file in the Subversion tag directory.
>
> I had to jump through the wiki to review the svn URL and finally got to:
>
> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/
> tags/spamassassin_release_3_1_7/Changes>

I agree that making a link to the Changes file easy to find would be a
good idea, whether it is done by adding one sentence to the release
announcement, or at least adding it to the SpamAssassin home page or to
the download page.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.1/Changes is a
better URL, as it will continue to work until we release 3.2.

I propose that starting with the 3.1.7 release we add that link to the
downloads page on http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi

> Something that's not clear to me is where the version boundaries are in the
> Changes file. I can't quickly tell where 3.1.6 ends and 3.1.7 begins.

Each release starts with a change such as "3.1.6 devel cycle started"
and ends with "preparing to release 3.1.6". The "preparing to release
3.1.7" hasn't been checked in yet because it has not been released.

 -- Sidney Markowitz
    http://www.sidney.com