Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Gustav Broberg <gu...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/11 22:31:30 UTC

Regression in cqlsh's "COPY … TO STDOUT" in 4.1?

Hi,

Did the COPY command with stdout as output stop working in cqlsh as of
Cassandra 4.1? Or is this some issue with the official Docker image?

This works for me with *4.0.8*:

  $> docker run -d --name cassandra --rm cassandra:4.0.8
  $> docker exec cassandra cqlsh -e 'COPY system.local(cluster_name) TO
STDOUT'
  Test Cluster

But not with *4.1.0*:

  $> docker run -d --name cassandra --rm cassandra:4.1.0
  $> docker exec cassandra cqlsh -e 'COPY system.local(cluster_name) TO
STDOUT'
  <stdin>:1:'NoneType' object is not callable

I was a bit surprised that I couldn't find anything in the issue tracker
about this. :/

Gustav

Re: Regression in cqlsh's "COPY … TO STDOUT" in 4.1?

Posted by Gustav Broberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 11:31 PM Gustav Broberg <gu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did the COPY command with stdout as output stop working in cqlsh as of
> Cassandra 4.1? Or is this some issue with the official Docker image?

[...]

> I was a bit surprised that I couldn't find anything in the issue tracker
> about this. :/

Filed as issue CASSANDRA-18353 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CASSANDRA/issues/CASSANDRA-18353)