Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sann, Stephan" <SS...@bhw.de> on 2002/09/17 08:04:06 UTC

How to define a "context attribute key" for a message-resource under Struts 1.0.2?

Hello list,

I would like to use the "bundle"-attribute from the "html:errors"-Tag,
but I didn't find out how to define a "context attribute key" for a
message-resource under Struts 1.0.2 jet.

On the web I found this snipet for the "struts-config.xml":

<------------------------snip------------------------>
  <message-resources key="LOGIN_MESSAGES_KEY"
                     parameter="com.erac.training.LoginMessages"
                     null="true"/>
</------------------------snip------------------------>

Unfortunately this XML-Tag works only under
"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd".
With our "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd"
I get a "Parse Error at line 143 column -1:
org.apache.crimson.parser/V-035 struts-config message-resources"

I also tried this approach for the "web.xml":

<------------------------snip------------------------>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>path.to.strutsresource</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>errorsresource</param-name>
      <param-value>path.to.errrorsresource</param-value>
    </init-param>

    [...]

...it didn't work either :-(

Anyway - this thing has to work somehow with Struts 1.0.2. Finally the
attribute "bundle" is in the "html-errors"-Tag under 1.0.2, too.

Any ideas?

Thanx a lot!

Stephan