Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/02 13:26:43 UTC

ios-deploy questions

A couple things that I think are not clear for
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/blob/master/www/docs/en/dev/guide/platforms/ios/index.md#deployment-tools>:

1. Why not make ios-deploy a dependency of cordova-ios that would then
be automatically installed?

2. Is there a risk of mismatch between a users installed ios-deploy
version and a users Cordova version? Should this be documented, if so?

I think the answer to 1 is that ios-deploy sometimes needs to be
installed with more system privs. I am not 100% sure of this, would
love some confirmation from an expert. And I think this is not really
a problem most of the time.

I think the answer to 2 is "not yet".

Confirmation would be really helpful.

Re: ios-deploy questions

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
To add some context: this question is moved from
https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/issues/866

I think we should clarify both of the following:
* "Should this be documented in another way?"
* "Should this be different?"

Confirmation would be really appreciated.

Re: ios-deploy questions

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shazron, makes absolute sense. I would personally not favor
viral license in the dependencies, even if not bundled.

Re: ios-deploy questions

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: ios-deploy questions

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.