Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Grégory Joseph <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/18 22:20:50 UTC

[jelly] Releases of jelly and jelly-tags-xml ?

Hi list,

As recently and quickly discussed on irc with Dion, I was wondering if
there would be any possible plans for releasing jelly and
jelly-tags-xml. I'm writing as one of the xdoclet2 developers: we
currently depend on post-1.0 snapshots of both of -core and -tags-xml,
and, as you might guess, we'd very much like to switch back to stable
releases.

As far as I can tell, the only reason we use these versions is because
they added support for xsd declarations in generated xml documents.
(And xdoclet2 has plugins to generate j2ee descriptors which require
an xsd declaration)

Of course we'd be very keen on testing any RC, and our test codebase
might help in that respect.

Does this sound feasible / would anyone be interested in pushing this out ?

Thanks,

greg

ps: the snapshots we currently use are actually timestamped versions:
commons-jelly-20050813.225330 & commons-jelly-tags-xml-20050823.222913

Re: [jelly] Releases of jelly and jelly-tags-xml ?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Grégory Joseph wrote:
> Thanks for the status. Sounds like a long chain of release-waiting...
> do you guys have any idea on the release plans of jexl and jaxen ?

Unfortunately not since the cycles are missing.
Help on the jexl issue by attempts and suggestions for patches would be
more than welcome.
Just change the project.xml to take jexl as snapshot!

As for Jaxen, maybe we can delay that one... not sure.

All this is out of my head... Have you looked into jira to confirm this
( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY ) ?

thanks

paul

Posted by Grégory Joseph <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Posted by "Diogo Quintela (EF)" <di...@ef.pt>.
I back you up Greg.

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.

--- Grégory Joseph <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course we'd be very keen on testing any RC, and
> our test codebase
> might help in that respect.
>
> Does this sound feasible / would anyone be
> interested in pushing this out ?

As we are used to live off their snapshots, we will
get no
more problems that we already have :)

I'm +1 to push them with RC.

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org