Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 23:04:47 UTC

Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingmaven-archetype.

Hi All,
I am building an archetype and since I took an example from somewhere,
the packaging was maven-plugin. Trying to release it, I get the
following deprecation warning:

[WARNING] *******************************************************
        [WARNING] Deprecation Alert:
        [WARNING] No mojo descriptors were found in this project which
has a packaging type of maven-plugin.
        [WARNING] In future versions of the plugin tools, this will
fail the build.
        [WARNING] If this project is an archetype, change the
packaging type from maven-plugin to maven-archetype.
        [WARNING] ********************************************************

But if I change the packaging to maven-archetype, I get the error in
the subject.

What do I miss?

Thanks in advance.
Ste

--
Stefano Fornari - Funambol CTO
Home:

Documents:
http://www.funambol.org/documentation/documents.html

FAQ:
http://www.funambol.org/support/faq.html

WIKI:
https://wiki.objectweb.org/sync4j/

Mailinglist archives:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=215 (sync4j-users)
(funambol-dev)

Re: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingmaven-archetype.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

an archetype project is a standard jar project. There is no specific
'maven-archetype' packaging defined, hence the error. Just omit the
<packaging/> declaration or change it to 'jar'.

Have a look here [1] for a short introduction of how to create
archetypes by hand and here [2] for a description of the goals of the
archetype plugin.

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/