Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 12:24:04 UTC

POST in deployvirtual machine

Hi,

Can we use post for every case of deployVirtualMachine ?

it seems we can pass userdata via get but it limits us to 2KB. To get up to 32KB we need to move to POST requests.

Just wondering if we can use POST in every case...

-sebastien

Re: POST in deployvirtual machine

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 20, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Yes we can use POST request in deployvirtualmachine api, pass method=POST to overcome the get limit
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DeployVirtualMachine+userdata+enhancements
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Test+cases+for+DeployVirtualMachine+userdata+enhancements
>
> regards
> sadhu

thanks, found the answer, but it only works with 4.2