Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Eapen <j1...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/10 22:52:34 UTC

Axis2 : Can we have 2 Service with same name but different targetNameSpace

We are trying to migrate to Axis2 1.4.

Have a requirement where we need to support 2 or more services with same
Service Name but obviously belongs to different namespace.
( the requirement is due to the fact the we need to support multple versions
of a given service as product moves from say 1.0 to 2.0 ... )

Will something like this work ?
Thanks
   John

Service.xml
===========
<serviceGroup>
        <service name="MyService"
             targetNamespace="urn:version1">
        <description>Book sample service</description>
        <schema schemaNamespace="version1"/>
        </service>

        <service name="MyService"
             targetNamespace="version2">
        <description>Book sample service</description>
        <schema schemaNamespace="version2"/>
        </service>
</serviceGroup>

WEB APP DIR STRUCTURE