Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2006/12/03 20:17:29 UTC

Modfy classpath

Hi,

I'm working on a Maven plugin and need to modify the classpath.  It
appears that maven runs the plugin with all of its dependencies, but the
plugin itself can't see them.  The only classpath entry I have is
"C:\dev\maven\core\boot\classworlds-1.1.jar".

Any help would be appreciated.  My guess is that I just don't understand
what maven is doing.  All I want is one is the plugin's dependencies to
appear under the system classpath.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Menard
Servprise International

Re: Modfy classpath

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Maven manages its classloader hierarchy through classworlds (
http://classworlds.codehaus.org/). If you want to do some manipulation of
the hierarchy, you must do it through that. Unless you actually need to
modify the classpath for some other third party execution, in which case set
the system property directly.

On 12/3/06, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a Maven plugin and need to modify the classpath.  It
> appears that maven runs the plugin with all of its dependencies, but the
> plugin itself can't see them.  The only classpath entry I have is
> "C:\dev\maven\core\boot\classworlds-1.1.jar".
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  My guess is that I just don't understand
> what maven is doing.  All I want is one is the plugin's dependencies to
> appear under the system classpath.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Menard
> Servprise International
> WebReboot -- Remote Reboot Without Pulling the Plug
> 800.832.3823

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond