Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 03:44:52 UTC

Recommended Solr Version for use within OODT

Hi All,
Does anyone have advice for the above please?
I see the following in filemgr pom.xml
solr-solrj: 1.3.0
solr-core: 1.3.0
lucene-core: 2.0.0
I've never used Solr or Lucene libraries that old before and wonder if
anyone if using more recent libraries?
I would be interested in upgrading this stuff to 4.X.
Thank you
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Recommended Solr Version for use within OODT

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cameron,
Thanks for feedback.
I'm working on hooking up a dump of my growing metadata catalogue and well
document my progress with more recent Solr versions.
Thanks for feedback.
Lewis

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cameron,

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lewis,

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lewis,

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Lewis,

I believe the solr dependency in File Manager is to the 1.3.0 solrj client,
which I believe is forwards wire compat with newer versions of Solr (even 4?)

The lucene core 2.0.0 dep is to write FM catalogs in Lucene and yes it's old and
needs to be upgraded desperately. ;/

+1 to upgrading to 4.x all around if you can create an issue and patch it up!

Cheers,
Chris