Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2008/10/08 13:50:46 UTC

[Discussion] remove broker/bin/run* scripts

Hi,

Just looking at what is in the bin directory and noticed we have some
very old scripts: run.bat and run.sh
These are used to set a classpath to run a class specified on the command line.

Is anyone using the script runAll? This script runs three test classes
that no longer exist!
doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.SendPerfTest 10 1000 100
doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.QueuePerfTest
doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.QueueConcurrentPerfTest

I would like to remove these as per QPID-1330 if no-one objects.

Thoughts?

Martin
--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [Discussion] remove broker/bin/run* scripts

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
OK sounds good created QPID-1337 to remove these items, if we need
them back they are in svn.

Martin

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> Just looking at what is in the bin directory and noticed we have
some
> very old scripts: run.bat and run.sh
> These are used to set a classpath to run a class specified on
> the command line.
>
> Is anyone using the script runAll? This script runs three test
classes
> that no longer exist!
> doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.SendPerfTest 10 1000 100
> doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.QueuePerfTest
> doRun org.apache.qpid.server.queue.QueueConcurrentPerfTest
>
> I would like to remove these as per QPID-1330 if no-one objects.
>
> Thoughts?

Seems good to delete them.