Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2002/09/03 14:06:46 UTC

[RE] Dynamic updating of a gradient

Hi Barbisch,

BM> I am changing the attributes (here stop-opacity) of a gradient
BM> (e.g. every 100 ms). The changes are saved in the DOM tree, but
BM> the text element referencing the gradient does not reflect the
BM> changes. In Adobe's SVG Viewer it does.  Does Batik not yet
BM> support this 'dynamic update' or do I need to change any options?

    Batik does not currently suppor the dynamic update of Gradients
(it did at one point then it was removed because it was causing memory
leaks).  Thierry was working on a new version of this but I don't know
where it stands right now.

BM> Is this true for all elements within <defs></defs>, or even for
BM> all elements that can be referenced?

    It is true for most elements that can be referenced.  The one
exception that comes to mind is 'tref' and 'image' (I think) but
generally speaking animation of referenced content doesn't work.