Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2008/02/12 21:33:40 UTC

[Trinidad] using tr:tree as a tr:table detail

Hi, I tried to use a tr:tree as the detail component of a tr:table - as
well as PPR of the involved row according to tree node selection.
It almost works - at least on FF. On IE - upon clicking any node - I get
a js error such as:

document.forms[...][...] is null or not an object

After some investigations, I noticed that this statement occurs in a js
chunk rendered after tr:tree.
This occurs for a normal tree, but this code is totally missing for the
above tree used as a detail.
Indeed the former is rendered by
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.base.desktop.TreeRenderer,
while the latter is rendered by
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.TreeRenderer.
Don't ask me why there are two tree renderers.
Anyway even the latter is rendered with onclick attributes (on nodes)
invoking _adfTreeSelector.select() on a selector object never rendered
in the PPR response.
Then (I guess) the js crash after clicking any node.
Any suggestion to have the embedded tree behaving as a normal tree is
welcome.

-- Renzo

Re: [Trinidad] using tr:tree as a tr:table detail

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Gerhard,

I am fine when you commit your suggested fix/change.

Thanks for paying attention ;-)

-Matthias

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] using tr:tree as a tr:table detail

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [Trinidad] using tr:tree as a tr:table detail

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
is this related to this: