Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mauro Sergio Silva <ma...@automaware.com.br> on 2004/02/10 03:56:44 UTC

Business

Hi,

I'm using Tapestry and Hibernate as part of my framework to develop
applications used by my company, but as a consultant to financial
institution I have a big problem.
Stay way from J2EE specification like JSF/JSP and JDO/JDBC is a big
decision and the CIO's prefer share risks with someone else.
Use Hibernate in a Financial Institution  is a very easy decision, why,
Because Hibernate Documentation and Big community, well  this a decision
to me in my little company and my little clients don't have any idea
about frameworks J2EE and other stuffs, they just by some kind of
solution and that's all, but what really meter in
A large company is support, It's a magic word, and as soon as Hibernate
stuffs associate with Jboss Group, all my problems have gone. Jboss is
very popular hear In Brazil, because It's used by little companies and
the big one can by some kind of support any time they want, or need it.

Anyone in tapestry community has some idea about how do a think like
this with tapestry???

RES: Business

Posted by Mauro Sérgio Silva <ma...@automaware.com.br>.
Hi Adam and Erik,
Thanks you both about the answer, this thread will be very useful in my
argumentation, mainly the financial case.
Sorry about my English, but I'm a defense of both Tapestry and
Hibernate, my problem stay in convince someone else, no doubt Tapestry
and Hibernate Rocks (a long work studding every piece of frameworks was
done by me and my partners and they are survivors!!!).

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@romulin.com>.
Our company services the financial industry as well and for the most part we
have not had anyone say "Boo" about what we use.  Mind you, we are working
with Credit Unions (though one has over 15 branches) and we have 15 Credit
Unions on our platform (Which is Tapestry and Torque).  The only person to

Re: Business

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

RES: Business

Posted by Mauro Sérgio Silva <ma...@automaware.com.br>.