Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by charles kibuuka <ch...@onesolutions.ug> on 2012/10/28 02:26:32 UTC

WCCP configuration variable

Hello,

I have been trying to set up ATS to use WCCP.

My problem is that I can find no documentation on the configuration variable
placed in records.config

To be used to refer to the configuration file for WCCP.

Will be glad to get your advice on this.

Ps. My set up had wccp enabled. And I followed all other instructions in the
administrator's guide to get it working.

Charles

Re: WCCP configuration variable

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
Sorry for the delay -

To configure WCCP you add, in records.config, the value

CONFIG proxy.config.wccp.services STRING <path to WCCP config file>

For me, this is

CONFIG proxy.config.wccp.services STRING wccp-services.cfg

with my WCCP configuration file in the same directory as records.config and named "wccp-services.cfg".

I need to update that documentation.

Posted by charles kibuuka <ch...@onesolutions.ug>.
Hello James,
I appreciate your help.
I came across amc's documentation quite some time back. But my issue is with
this " Finally Traffic Server itself must be configured for transparency and
use of WCCP. The former is again very similar to the standard use, while
WCCP configuration is specific to WCCP and uses a separate configuration
file (example), referred to by the records.config file."
There is no configuration variable to put in records.config.
I'll keep following the issue you filed to see if there is any positive
response on this.

Thank you,
Charles Kibuuka

> I have been trying to set up ATS to use WCCP.
>
> My problem is that I can find no documentation on the configuration
variable
> placed in records.config

This is the best I could find:
http://people.apache.org/~amc/tiphares/wccp-configuration.html. I filed