Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Tapanainen Mika <Mi...@digia.com> on 2014/07/14 14:32:36 UTC

Wrong redirect behind the firewall? How to configure?

Hello,

I'm testing OpenMeetings, which is installed behind the firewall.

The public address of the OpenMeetings meeting is:

<publicAddress>/openmeetings?invitationHash=xyz

and this is redirected by the firewall etc. to the inner address:

<innerAddress>/openmeetings?invitationHash=xyz

This is not working and no page are loaded. There are error message:

Hups! Google Chrome didn't find the address <innerAddress>.

There are HTTP codes 304 and 204. Is it so that OpenMeetings tries to use the innerAddress, but the browser can't see it, because it is behind the firewall? Is it so that OpenMeetings redirects to innerAddress and the browser can't see it?

Is it possible to configure the OpenMeetings so that the redirects are for the publicAddress? Or what is wrong in my situation?

BR,

Mika

Re: Wrong redirect behind the firewall? How to configure?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
if you need openmeetings2/ context work
you need additionally rename webapps/openmeetings folder to
be openmeetings2/

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Wrong redirect behind the firewall? How to configure?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wrong redirect behind the firewall? How to configure?

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mika,

I know for sure that proxying Openmeetings on the top of httpd_proxy
is possible - we get it worked in some projects. Details are
distributed over the mail list [1].

Thanks for your interest.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/jxogln76gmncprq3

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,