Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2017/10/27 13:53:11 UTC

Jena 3.5.0 RC2 plan

There are test problems with TestProcessFileLock (on windows,
consistently) and TestDatabaseOps (intermittent but seems to like
picking on Bruno).

There a couple of other small PRs for fixes which look safe as well.

PR #294 AdapterFileManager fix
    (Rob - JENA-1405 can be resolved?)
PR #297 Elephas testing speed up
    (slight discussion ongoing about details)

TestDatabaseOps:
PR #295 Use @Rule in testing to isolate tests.
PR #296 Control the test in disk-touching DBOE modules.

TestProcessFileLock:
PR #298 Isolate tests witha @Rule and improve/fix lock release.

I don't intend to rebuild the javadoc. As you may have noticed, I had
some "fun" trying to get it staged. This cutting corners but no public
API is changing. If necessary, it can be done after pushing the release out.

Master is at version 3.6.0-SNAPSHOT so it goes back.
(and switching a unified versions number makes that easier)

To smooth the reset, mainly for any of us who have switched to the
latest snapshot, I'll apply the PR's, we can test the snapshot, then
reset back to 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT just before the RC2 release build.

Please don't push to master without also letting dev@ know to make sure
I don't miss anything.

Good plan? Anything missing?

     Andy

Re: Jena 3.5.0 RC2 plan

Posted by aj...@apache.org.
Back from Vienna!

Master just built beautifully for me on Mac OSX, from commit 92c793b67dbb4138858106774d57b23418dd4ae5.

ajs6f

Re: Jena 3.5.0 RC2 plan

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Currently on master: