Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/10/10 12:42:36 UTC

Re: [fulcrum] Using CLOVER or Corbertura instead of JCoverage for site

Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> writes:

Sure. Basically we use JCoverage because it works out of the box
(TM). If the cobertura plugin is available from ibiblio, we can simply
add the dependency to the project.xml file (like we do with findbugs).

If it works as well as JCoverage and fixes problems that you have: Go
ahead!

There is also emma (see
http://emma.sourceforge.net/maven-emma-plugin/), so if you feel
adventurous... :-)

	Best regards
		Henning

>Hi folks,

>since I already had problems with JCoverage and checking the mailing
>list it seems that the development has stopped ... would it make sense
>to use a differenent coverage tool? Clover works out of the box even for
>big projects and Cobertura (http://cobertura.sourceforge.net/) is
>actively developed while sharing its roots with JCoverage.

>+) Clover comes with an official Maven plugin but is still a commercial
>tool where the licence renewal can be refused (linux & bitkeeper)
>+) Cobertura is open-source but AFAIK no plugin ships with the Maven
>release - also there is work going on for M2 plugin

>Thanks in advance

>Siegfried Goeschl

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42