Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/25 14:50:50 UTC

Could not create java implementation loader

Hi folks,

I'm sure this issue has been brought up before...

 From what I've read on forums, A LOT of Java extensions can not be
installed by some users because of the "Could not create Java
implementation loader" error.

The extension odt2braille I developed has this problem too, in Windows.
The error seems to happen randomly, with all kinds of OOo/LO versions,
Windows versions and Java versions. I've tried to understand what this
error is about, but I'm completely groping in the dark. I can find a lot
of suggestions on the web, but nobody really seems to know what causes
this error.

Until now, I've advised my users to try OpenOfficePortable or
LibreOfficePortable if they get this error, because it has already been
succesful a few times in my own experience. But apparently there are
also cases where it doesn't help.

Regards,
Bert Frees

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Fernand Vanrie <so...@pmgroup.be>.
Op 25/11/2011 20:37, Raphael Bircher schreef:
> Am 25.11.11 16:13, schrieb Bert Frees:

>>> sorry, but I haven't noticed this problem very often. Only during
>>> development time of an extension. I have several extensions
>>> developed years ago and they still work.
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to get more information
>>>
>>> - which OOo version
>>> - which windows version
>>> - which Java version
>>>
>>> and in which combinations the error occur.
>>>
>>> Juergen
>>>

>> Hi Juergen,
>>
>> These are some examples of users that have run into the error:
>>
>> - Windows XP SP3, LO3.3, Java 1.6_24/1.6_22.
>> - Windows 7, OOo3.3, Java 1.6_26
>> - Windows 7 (64 bit), OOo3.3, Java 1.6_25
> I can be wrong, but as I know, OOo needs a 32 bit version of Java. OOo
> is 32 bit on Windows and the 64 Bit Version can't realy cooperate with
> OOo. Did. other Java Stuff at OOo works? like the Assistents?
>
> Greetings Raphael

The problem started with a  3.3 version,but when the extension was
instaled with 3.2 you can use and even reinstall it with 3.3.
We tryed everything to avoid the problem but no sucess, we still install
with 3.2 and uses the extension with 3.3.
BTW LO is not suffering from this problem :-)
Greetz
Fernand

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com>.
On 25/11/2011 20:37, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 25.11.11 16:13, schrieb Bert Frees:

>>> sorry, but I haven't noticed this problem very often. Only during
>>> development time of an extension. I have several extensions
>>> developed years ago and they still work.
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to get more information
>>>
>>> - which OOo version
>>> - which windows version
>>> - which Java version
>>>
>>> and in which combinations the error occur.
>>>
>>> Juergen
>>>

>> Hi Juergen,
>>
>> These are some examples of users that have run into the error:
>>
>> - Windows XP SP3, LO3.3, Java 1.6_24/1.6_22.
>> - Windows 7, OOo3.3, Java 1.6_26
>> - Windows 7 (64 bit), OOo3.3, Java 1.6_25
> I can be wrong, but as I know, OOo needs a 32 bit version of Java. OOo
> is 32 bit on Windows and the 64 Bit Version can't realy cooperate with
> OOo. Did. other Java Stuff at OOo works? like the Assistents?
>
> Greetings Raphael

Hi Raphael,

In these examples, I am always talking about 32 bit Java. The Assistents
work.

/Bert

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.

Posted by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oliver,

2011/11/25 Oliver Brinzing <Ol...@gmx.de>

> Hi Bert,
>
> did you add a vm arg for remote debugging?
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_trouble_shooting

No, I didn't, and I assume the people that have reported this issue to me
didn't either, because most of them are inexperienced OOo users.

> have you tried to close oo including quickstart and install your extension
> via
> command line, for example:
>
> C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org\program>unopkg add my-extension.oxt
> --shared --verbose

I haven't, but I believe one of the odt2braille users did try it, without
succes. I will try and see if it makes a difference.

> Regards
> Oliver

Thanks,
Bert

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Oliver Brinzing <Ol...@gmx.de>.
Hi Bert,

--

GnuPG key 0xCFD04A45: 8822 057F 4956 46D3 352C 1A06 4E2C AB40 CFD0 4A45

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com>.
On 25/11/2011 14:57, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/25/11 2:50 PM, Bert Frees wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm sure this issue has been brought up before...
>>
>>  From what I've read on forums, A LOT of Java extensions can not be
>> installed by some users because of the "Could not create Java
>> implementation loader" error.
>>
>> The extension odt2braille I developed has this problem too, in Windows.
>> The error seems to happen randomly, with all kinds of OOo/LO versions,
>> Windows versions and Java versions. I've tried to understand what this
>> error is about, but I'm completely groping in the dark. I can find a lot
>> of suggestions on the web, but nobody really seems to know what causes
>> this error.
>>
>> Until now, I've advised my users to try OpenOfficePortable or
>> LibreOfficePortable if they get this error, because it has already been
>> succesful a few times in my own experience. But apparently there are
>> also cases where it doesn't help.
>
> sorry, but I haven't noticed this problem very often. Only during
> development time of an extension. I have several extensions developed
> years ago and they still work.
>
> It would be interesting to get more information
>
> - which OOo version
> - which windows version
> - which Java version
>
> and in which combinations the error occur.
>
> Juergen

Hi Juergen,

These are some examples of users that have run into the error:

- Windows XP SP3, LO3.3, Java 1.6_24/1.6_22.
- Windows 7, OOo3.3, Java 1.6_26
- Windows 7 (64 bit), OOo3.3, Java 1.6_25

These are setups from myself and my collegues. We have never experienced
any problems:

- Windows 7 (64 bit), all kinds of Java (1.6_16/1.6_17/1.6_22/1.6_29),
all kinds of LO3.x and OOo3.x versions.
- Windows XP SP3, Java 1.6_26, all kinds of LO3.x and OOo3.x versions.
- Windows Vista, Java 1.6_26, OOo3.3/LO3.3

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.