Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 03:56:33 UTC

[Axis2] Nightly Builds

Hi All,
    We are reaching the 75K LOC mark. It is time that we enfore some
dicipline on the quality of the code commited.
    As the bare minimum, we have to ensure all the code in SVN compiles
at any given point in time. To help with this, I would like to propose
an automated nightly build system. We had the same concept in Axis C++.
May be we could use some of the stuff from that.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Nightly Builds

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Damitha Kumarage wrote:

> Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>    We are reaching the 75K LOC mark. It is time that we enfore some
>> dicipline on the quality of the code commited.
>>    As the bare minimum, we have to ensure all the code in SVN
>> compiles at any given point in time. To help with this, I would like
>> to propose an automated nightly build system. We had the same concept
>> in Axis C++. May be we could use some of the stuff from that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Samisa...
>>

> As the Axis C++ stuff is done using ant(cpp tasks) I suggest we use
> the same. But since our main source is built using GNU build system I
> guess we need to use it from ant to build the source(using an ant task
> to run a script). Rest we can do as it is in Axis C++.

OK cool, but we have to make sure that we get the 'make' system working
for all Ux/Lx platforms. There is some more work to be done to achive
that. We laso have to enable the Windows based build through ant.

Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Nightly Builds

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.