Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/05/04 14:40:44 UTC

Re: init() and destroy() in XSP

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Polley Christopher W wrote:

> I found XSPPage.init(parameters), which I can override to do the
> initialization, but I am unclear on the tail end of the xsp life cycle.  How
> & when is it destroyed (in Cocoon 1.8.1) ?  How is this type of thing done
> in XSP?

there isn't a destroy method in xsp.

> I suppose that in this case, in which I am only doing JDBC stuff, I could
> try the sql taglib, but am unclear on how that would be done.  Can
> <?cocoon-process type="sql"?> safely be placed ahead of <?cocoon-process
> type="xsp"?>? What would the resultant xsp-servlet look like?

<?cocoon-process type="sql"?> doesn't invoke the sql taglib, it invokes
the sql processor which is old and hoary and deprecated. you want to use
the esql logicsheet.

- donald

Re: init() and destroy() in XSP

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Frans Thamura wrote:

> What happen if  I try to open connection to a bean, and after that I want to
> destroy that bean??? This will make memory problem one day???

override, what is it, finalize()? or if you're putting the bean in a
session, have something listen for session destruction events and clean up
their resources.

> I try to create a bean that connect to database, the error sharing violation
> oftenly show up...but if I refresh it, the error disappear..
>
> Would you explain to me the mechanism of this??

can't say, i don't know what sharing violation error you're talking about.

- donald

Re: init() and destroy() in XSP