Posted to user@struts.apache.org by shenxiaojing <le...@sina.com> on 2009/10/17 04:14:28 UTC

about s:generator (struts 2.1.8) - new information

Hello, all

Sorry for sending my email twice, I found something wired.

Document from http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/generator.html
tell us:
var  -  The name to store the resultant iterator into page context, if such
name is supplied

but:
<s:generator val="%{'aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee'}" count="4" separator=","
var="myAtt" />
<%
 java.util.Iterator i = (java.util.Iterator) request.getAttribute("myAtt ");
 while(i != null && i.hasNext()) {
     String s = (String) i.next(); %>
     <%=s%> <br/>
<%    }
%>

is right, and if I use pageContext.getAttribute("myAtt"); I got null.
Is there something wrong with my code?

Karen

答复: about s:generator (struts 2.1.8) - new information

Posted by shenxiaojing <le...@sina.com>.
Actually, it's not my company code, just my tester.
I want to test if the "myAtt" in pageContext.
When I use pageContext, I got null from pageContext.getAttribute("myAttr");
When I tried request, I got the thing I want.
I just want to know the reason.

Personally, I don't allow scriplets in our company code, but the value is
placed in the page context, but you're trying to get it from the request
scope.

Try pageContext.getAttribute("myAtt").
 (*Chris*)

reply: about s:generator (struts 2.1.8) - new information

Re: about s:generator (struts 2.1.8) - new information

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Siman <al...@gmail.com>.
> iterator into page context

so try this: