Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by arup <ar...@informix.com> on 2000/12/20 18:18:09 UTC

Its UNIX

Hi,

I am trying to write  telnetd program and in which i opened pseudo
terminals
and execl getty program from child process.
I am getting follwoing error after getting the login and passwd prompt.

No utmpx entry. You must exec "login" from the lowest level "shell".

Can any one please throw some light.

Thanks in advance

Arup

Re: Its UNIX

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <Ro...@appleonline.net>.
arup wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write  telnetd program and in which i opened pseudo
> terminals
> and execl getty program from child process.
> I am getting follwoing error after getting the login and passwd prompt.
>
> No utmpx entry. You must exec "login" from the lowest level "shell".
>
> Can any one please throw some light.

hi arup

general@jakarta.apache.org is a java list. if you want a reply before the
next millenium for your question, i'd try an apache webserver or a nix
list.

- robert