Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/23 03:04:27 UTC

Request for suggestions related to drop zone effects (show/hide overlay)

Hi !

In the last few days I've been building an advanced (multi-file , DnD)
attach form for Apache™ Bloodhound project [1]_ powered by
jQuery-File-Upload plugin since it's very similar to pre-existing mockups
[2]_ .

I've been able to customize web UI via javascript templates , and added a
drop zone [3]_ (/me dragging some files in there ;) , but I'm facing some
problems . The idea is that light blue overlay will be only shown when
files are dragged over the drop zone . Using dragover + drop events I am
able to display the overlay at the right time and make it disappear when
files are dropped and added to uploads list . Nonetheless I see no events
to make it disappear once mouse is not over drop zone surface and when drag
op is canceled .

Do you have any recommendations to get this done ? Am I missing some jQFU
event listener that might help ?

Any feedback will be much appreciated . If this subject is OT in this list
then please reply to project ML in Cc ( i.e.
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org ) or add a comment in ticket page [1]_
, whatever you think is more appropriate .

Thanks in advance !

.. [1] Attach file form à la GMail
        (https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/195)

.. [2] Attach form mockups

(https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/195/attachments.png)

.. [3] Drag and drop zone

(https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/195/bh_theme_x_82_ticket_file_upload_dnd.png)

Re: Request for suggestions related to drop zone effects (show/hide overlay)

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/12, Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Just a comment on this: I believe the drop zone should be highlighted
> whenever a user drags a document into the browser window, not just when
> she's over the drop zone. Otherwise, how do you know where to drop the
> file?
> The drop zone may change to also indicate when the file is currently within
> it's borders, but that's less important.

Both suggestions have been implemented by refreshing the patch
previously submitted to add DnD support in attach form .
;)

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Request for suggestions related to drop zone effects (show/hide overlay)

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
it's good that you mention this . I didn't have that in mind ...
:-/

Posted by Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.