Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "RUCH,SCOTT (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <sc...@hp.com> on 2001/06/12 19:40:57 UTC

Problem with Action.LOCALE_KEY "resetting"

Folks,

I'm using 1.0-beta-1 and I see a discrepancy when
using Struts via IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0 on the Bluestone
TeS.  The problem occurs on IIS 5.0 but not on 4.0
We've also verified that this problem does not
occur with the same app under Tomcat 4.0-b1. I'm
wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior.

I have a simple demo that allows a user to set their
locale (the action servlet sets Action.LOCALE_KEY to
the Locale object of their choosing, in the prescribed
manner). Control proceeds to a simple form from there
and then to a display page.  (so it's changeLocale ->
form -> display) All three pages are JSPs using Struts
tags.

In the failing case, on the final page, the Local object
has been reset to whatever their first language preference
is in Accept-Language.  Action.LOCALE_KEY is overwritten
in the session.  My only guess is that this is some IIS
5.0 wierdness.

Any insight appreciated.

--
Scott W. Ruch              hewlett-packard company
scott_ruch@hp.com            hp bluestone software