Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Yoshikazu Nojima <ma...@ynojima.net> on 2014/05/31 09:06:09 UTC

Why does cloudstack-setup-management make /root writable?

Hi,

Does anyone know the reason why cloudstack-setup-management make /root
directory mode 777 in ubuntu?

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/python/lib/cloudutils/serviceConfig.py#L767

If no one have objection, I will remove this code.

Regards,
Noji

RE: Why does cloudstack-setup-management make /root writable?

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
I don't think there's any real reason it was there.  Probably it was easiest at that time to do.  +1 and thanks on removing it.

--Alex

Posted by Yoshikazu Nojima <ma...@ynojima.net>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
+1 I just found it was removed yesterday from master:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/ab89eb106f9836632668366d407a2d8c5892bec9

Regards.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.