Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Peter Haworth <pm...@edison.ioppublishing.com> on 2005/11/16 10:55:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Cache::Mmap 0.09

The uploaded file

    Cache-Mmap-0.09.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMH/Cache-Mmap-0.09.tar.gz
  size: 21463 bytes
   md5: fef44673771a0f1f14982ae719f57221

This is a bugfix release, especially for users of operating systems which
enforce mmap()'s specified behaviour of failing to map locked files.

>From the README:

This module provides a shared cache, using a memory mapped file. Very useful
for mod_perl applications. If routines are provided which interact with the
underlying data, access to the cache is completely transparent, and the module
handles all the details of refreshing cache contents, and updating underlying
data, if necessary.

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
``oh sure, that's what Microsoft WANT - but it'd be no good waking up in the