Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by no...@hotmail.com on 2020/12/27 21:27:53 UTC

Bizarre registration system!

So I can't remember my username and because of that I can't reset my
password even though I am in control of my email address I've registered
with years ago.

Does that make any sense?  Do you people even use your own system?  It
doesn't seem like you do.

Can you reset this account please?

And maybe rethink the registration system so it makes the slightest bit of
sense?  This isn't the CIA.  Its just office productivity software.
What's with the over the top security?

Re: Bizarre registration system!

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Someone seems to have gotten out of bed on the wrong side this day.

I'll put on my guessing hat and have a try: guess a) is that you are
referring to the OpenOffice English forum username, and guess b) is that
you registered there using the same email address you used to send to
this mailing list. If my guesses are right, the user name is RobinZ.

If my guesses are not correct, perhaps you could provide the mailing
list with a little more detail.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. DO NOT reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 28/12/20 7:57 am, notifynow@hotmail.com wrote:
> So I can't remember my username and because of that I can't reset my
> password even though I am in control of my email address I've
> registered with years ago.
>
> Does that make any sense?  Do you people even use your own system?  It
> doesn't seem like you do.
>
> Can you reset this account please?
>
> And maybe rethink the registration system so it makes the slightest
> bit of sense?  This isn't the CIA.  Its just office productivity
> software.  What's with the over the top security?

Cheers
--
David Robley

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!