Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by "Ing. Alessio Arleo" <in...@icloud.com> on 2016/09/23 08:02:30 UTC

Giraph Layout Algorithm in examples

Dear all,

I have been working with Giraph for quite some time now, and I focused on developing distributed layout algorithms with it. With my work I earned three publications on the subject (two on conferences and one on journal, links after the signature) and I would now like to insert my algorithm (a force-directed single and multi-level layout) into the Giraph library of examples.

If the community sees this as a valuable addition, I would be really glad to proceed (I do not know if a thread on Jira would be created, since I’m not familiar with it I will leave that to you) especially given the close release of version 1.2.0.

Keep up the good work :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ing. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo <http://it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo>
Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2015). A Million Edge Drawing for a Fistful of Dollars. In Graph Drawing and Network Visualization (pp. 44-51). Springer International Publishing.

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2016). A Distributed Force-Directed Algorithm on Giraph: Design and Experiments. Preprint submitted to Information Science, arXiv arXiv:1606.02162

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2016). A Distributed Multilevel Force-directed Algorithm, accepted at the International Graph Drawing and Network Visualization Symposium (GD 2016), arXiv 1608.08522

Further information:

http://www.geeksykings.eu/gila/ <http://www.geeksykings.eu/gila/>
http://www.geeksykings.eu/ <http://www.geeksykings.eu/>multigila

Re: Giraph Layout Algorithm in examples

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Alessio!

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Ing. Alessio Arleo <in...@icloud.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been working with Giraph for quite some time now, and I focused on developing
> distributed layout algorithms with it. With my work I earned three publications on the
> subject (two on conferences and one on journal, links after the signature) and I would
> now like to insert my algorithm (a force-directed single and multi-level layout) into the
> Giraph library of examples.
>
> If the community sees this as a valuable addition, I would be really glad to proceed (I do not
> know if a thread on Jira would be created, since I’m not familiar with it I will leave that to you)
> especially given the close release of version 1.2.0.
>
> Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the kind words and potential contributions. The way forward
here is to open
up a JIRA. You can do that by creating an account at
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
and then logging an issue describing the nature of your contribution
and the technical
details. Then you attach a patch to it and the community will
review/comment/iterate
as needed.

Sounds good?

Thanks,