Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2022/02/17 18:37:41 UTC

Lock or rename a remote GIT branch

Hi all,

does anyone know, whether it is possible to Lock or Rename a remote GIT branch.

I am primarily using Atlassian SourceTree but can't find anything there.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Rainer

Re: Lock or rename a remote GIT branch

Posted by Jan Glaubitz <ja...@glaubitz.org>.
Hello Rainer,

maybe you want to use a tag, not a branch?

I guess „renaming“ should work by using just another branch. But I don’t relay know if thats the best solution.

Von meinem iPad gesendet