Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Steve Kuo <ku...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/10 20:51:00 UTC

Running SlopeOneAverageDiffsJob returned an empty part-r-00000.gz

The input file squidly.csv is a test file that worked with
SlopeOneRecommender.java.  I ran the job with the following command:

hadoop jar /data/mahout/mahout-distribution-0.4/mahout-examples-0.4-job.jar
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.slopeone.SlopeOneAverageDiffsJob -i
squidly -o squidlyPredict

Unfortunately, file squidlyPredict/part-r-00000.gz is an empty .gz file.

What is the expected input format for SlopeOneAverageDiffsJob?

Squidly.csv is quite simple
1,101,1.0
1,102,0.5
1,103,0.2
2,101,1.0
2,103,0.5
2,104,0.2
3,101,0.2
3,102,0.4
3,103,1.0
3,104,0.4
4,102,0.9
4,103,0.4
4,104,0.5
5,101,0.4

Re: Running SlopeOneAverageDiffsJob returned an empty part-r-00000.gz

Posted by Steve Kuo <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sean.  You are correctly.  I was removing empty and comment lines
from the input and missed putting it back to the input.

It is working now.

Re: Running SlopeOneAverageDiffsJob returned an empty part-r-00000.gz

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
There was almost certainly an error while running the job. Look through your
logs for signs of such a problem?

Sean