Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Kris Popat <kj...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/14 12:28:08 UTC

Wiki Documentation

I've started pulling together some of the threads from the mailing
list and decisions and have put them into a document on the wiki.

I've tried to condense some of our discussions and points that I have
taken from the apache release management documents down to a
manageable size.  It is not linked to anything at the moment and it's
certainly not complete.

Please if you have time take a look at what is there so far and make
any comments. The part which I think needs more detail and clarity is
the signing process.  The information about best practice for doing
this is spread over many apache documents and is a little difficult to
follow.  Will update this bit later.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WOOKIE/Wookie+First+Release

Kris

Re: Wiki Documentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 14/10/2010 12:28, Kris Popat wrote:

> Please if you have time take a look at what is there so far and make any
> comments. The part which I think needs more detail and clarity is the
> signing process. The information about best practice for doing this is
> spread over many apache documents and is a little difficult to follow.
> Will update this bit later.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WOOKIE/Wookie+First+Release

This is a really good start. As we progress through the release process
we will be able to fill in more detail (and we should all help). In
particular the actual commands to be run should be documented here so
later release managers don't need to hunt down instructions.

To get this going I've fleshed out the "analyse issues" section.

Of course including links to "more information" about each also helps.

With respect to signing you might find the document Sander van der Waal
put together for the Simal project useful [1]. As far as I am aware he
developed these from Apache resources so they should be inline with what
is required here. Please feel free to copy any content from there as all
materials are available under an Apache License (don't forget a footnote
credit, or similar, if you do reuse significant amounts).

Ross

[1] http://code.google.com/p/simal/wiki/SigningReleases