Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alprausch77 <jo...@dematic.com> on 2018/01/03 13:41:20 UTC

UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

Hello.

The documentation
(http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-10s-of-1000s-of-queues-in-a-single-broker-.html)
states that the DedicatedTaskRunner is disabled by default from 5.6 onwards.
This is true if the ActiveMQ is started directly, e.g. with "activemq.bat
start".

But if the ActiveMQ is started as a windows service from the wrapper.exe the
DedicatedTaskRunner is still activated because the wrapper.conf has
following entry:
wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true

Question: is there a reason why the DedicatedTaskRunner is configured
differently for a standard AMQ start vs. service?
If so, can someone please explain it to me.

If the DedicatedTaskRunner should also be disabled for the service wrapper
than the default configuration should be changed accordingly.

Re: UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Great, thank you for doing that.

Posted by alprausch77 <jo...@dematic.com>.
Thanks for the answer.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Joachim, would you mind submitting a bug report in JIRA for this issue?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.