Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/24 16:09:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r946147 - in /geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1: LICENSE NOTICE pom.xml

On May 19, 2010, at 8:15 AM, rickmcguire@apache.org wrote:

> Author: rickmcguire
> Date: Wed May 19 12:15:04 2010
> New Revision: 946147

> Log:
> update LICENSE/NOTICE files for latest dependency versions
>
> Modified:
>    geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/LICENSE
>    geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/NOTICE
>    geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/pom.xml

Rick,
Many thanks for working on license and notice files!

In 2.2, we separated our source and binary license/notice files. This seems to have recombined them. I think they should be separated.

Oh, perhaps the 2.2 license/notice files weren't properly ported to trunk? And you were following the template that were already in place? Take a look at the 2.2 LICENSE/NOTICE files and let me know what you think.

--kevan

Re: svn commit: r946147 - in /geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1: LICENSE NOTICE pom.xml

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/2010 10:09 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On May 19, 2010, at 8:15 AM, rickmcguire@apache.org wrote:
>

>> Author: rickmcguire
>> Date: Wed May 19 12:15:04 2010
>> New Revision: 946147

>> Log:
>> update LICENSE/NOTICE files for latest dependency versions
>>
>> Modified:
>>     geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/LICENSE
>>     geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/NOTICE
>>     geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M1/pom.xml
>>
> Rick,
> Many thanks for working on license and notice files!
>
> In 2.2, we separated our source and binary license/notice files. This seems to have recombined them. I think they should be separated.
>
> Oh, perhaps the 2.2 license/notice files weren't properly ported to trunk? And you were following the template that were already in place? Take a look at the 2.2 LICENSE/NOTICE files and let me know what you think.

I certainly was following the template that was already here in 3.0, so
I guess the changes never got ported into 3.0.  I'll take a look at how
this was handled in 2.2.

Rick