Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/06/11 23:59:15 UTC

Problems with dependency paths

I have been trying to make a build that was previously based on a
trunk build of Sling work off the official release or snapshots of
sling. I am hitting a number of problems related to missing
dependencies, that I thought I should share with the list.

for example

I have a jar that depends on
org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.engine:jar:2.0.4-incubator, which
since its released I think is a "reasonable" thing to do. But if you
clean out your maven repo (rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/sling )
and build you find the build fails with a dependency path of:

   Path to dependency:
   	1) org.sakaiproject.kernel:org.sakaiproject.kernel.jcr:bundle:0.1-
SNAPSHOT
   	2) org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.engine:jar:2.0.4-incubator
   	3) org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.jcr.resource:jar:2.0.2-
incubator
   	4) org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.adapter:jar:2.0.2-incubator
   	5) org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.commons.osgi:jar:2.0.2-
incubator

and no 5 doesnt exist in the repo. see [1]

There is a simple solution to this, force the versions of those
releases that are missing to versions that are not, but that a) feels
dangerous and b) creates a maintenance headache

A quick scan of the repo1 looks like *all* the 202 versions have gone
missing from the repo, perhaps they were never there ?

Any suggestions on what the right way of dealing with this is ?

Ian

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.commons.osgi/