Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Da...@mjh.org on 2003/03/11 23:18:56 UTC

mod_webapp connector apache 1.3.27 and tomcat 4.0.5

I'm using the mod_webapp to connect apache and tomcat.  The problem I'm
having is a software provider is forcing me to use
http://<host>/servlet/servletsetup--However I cannot get /servlet to work.
 I can get the following to work
http://<host>/lawsonweb/servlet/servletsetup

Why can't I get /servlet to work without an intermediate directory.  Here
is my httpd.conf and server.xml files  -- I'm using apache 1.3.27 and
tomcat 4.0.5

httpd.conf
         DocumentRoot /lawsonweb
         <Location "/servlet">
             AllowOverride AuthConfig
             AuthUserFile /lawsonweb/userdb/lawson
             AuthType Basic
             AuthName "CGI Lawson"
             Options Indexes
             Options FollowSymLinks
             require valid-user
         </Location>
         <IfDefine WARP>
             LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
             WebAppConnection warpConnection warp lawson2:8008
             WebAppDeploy lawsonweb   warpConnection /lawsonweb
         </IfDefine>

server.xml
                <Context path="/lawsonweb"
 docBase="/usr/internet/httpd/tomcat/webapps/lawsonweb/WEB-INF/classes"
                         reloadable="true" debug="0" />

Sincerely,

David Vann
Martha Jefferson Hospital