Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com> on 2006/08/05 19:39:06 UTC

[users@httpd] server busy

hello,

we get a message in apache log-file that the server is to busy and that we
should rise the amount:

[Sat Aug  5 17:08:53 2006] [info] server seems busy, (you may need to
increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 8 children, there
are 2 idle, and 12 total children

At the moment we have following values:

StartServers 5

MinSpareServers 3
MaxSpareServers 5

Could anybody please tell us which values we should use?

Thank you

Mike Roland

AW: [users@httpd] server busy

Posted by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com>.

> > Aug  5 22:10:59 mail sshd[67557]: fatal: fork of unprivileged
> child failed
> > Aug  5 22:11:44 mail sshd[67626]: fatal: fork of unprivileged
> child failed
> > Aug  5 22:16:04 mail sshd[68292]: fatal: fork of unprivileged
> child failed
> > Aug  5 22:16:31 mail sshd[68359]: fatal: fork of unprivileged
> child failed
> > Aug  5 22:20:55 mail inetd[66229]: fork: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
> > Aug  5 22:21:09 mail inetd[66229]: fork: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
>
> Those have nothing to do with apache, although they do seem to suggest
> general resource problems on your system.  Try the apache error_log.

The apache error-log says nothing.
So I think we should leave the values like they are.

regards mike

Re: [users@httpd] server busy

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

AW: [users@httpd] server busy

Posted by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com>.

regards
mike

Re: [users@httpd] server busy

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

AW: [users@httpd] server busy

Posted by Mididoc Productions <ma...@mididoc.com>.
thank you Joshua,

I tried to mount the numbers, but I fear this was too high,
cause the apache server could not be started anymore.

Could you give me an idea about the amount please.

As I told you we have at the moment:

(original values)
StartServers 5

MinSpareServers 3
MaxSpareServers 5

MaxClients 100 (50 was the original value)

If we change the values to:
StartServers 10

MinSpareServers 6
MaxSpareServers 10

say double the values, is this what you would propose?

Thanks for a tip.

Regards

Mike Roland

Re: [users@httpd] server busy