Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Dan Giannone <dg...@humana.com> on 2017/02/06 14:01:21 UTC

Using JMS Source as Flume Source

Hello,

I am attempting to use the ExecuteFlumeSource processor with a JMS type source. The source itself is an IBM MQ, which I can connect to and run without any issues from the command line (by specifying the jars in '-classpath'). However, when I try to use the processor, I get "is invalid because Failed to run validation due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jms/JMSException".  I put the required jars that I specified on the command line in the variable FLUME_CLASSPATH in flume-env.sh, as specified in the documentation. There seems to be an issue with nifi not being able to access these, however. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Giannone

and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this material/information in error,

Re: Using JMS Source as Flume Source

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Dan

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the Flume processor. I personally haven’t tried it with MQ Source, so not sure what he issue is (will try to look), but the good news is we have a great alternative which IMHO should probably be a better solution to your use case. Basically we have a first class JMS support which was specifically designed and provided to support third party providers such as IBM, Tibco etc.
Basically we have a pair of Publish/ConsumeJMS processors and ConnectionFactory controller service where you point to the IBM JARs. In fact processor’s and controller service’s documentation actually provides IBM-based configuration example.

The above solution has also been voted out fairly well and is currently used in production ate several clients.
Give it a shot and let us know if you have any questions, so we can help.

Cheers
Oleg