Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by tog <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/02 07:28:57 UTC

Support %sh

Hi

My question is related to %sh. Shall we expect a full support of bash ?
I was playing trying to simplify Anish's notebook and come down to the
following snipplet which is working with bash locally but not in a
paragraph probably due to the ${}

Any comment? Shall I consider this as a bug?

Cheers
Guillaume

#! /bin/bash

# this paragraph downloads the datasets used in the analysis of this
notebook

# create the directory for storing the datasets

DIR=data/transportation

mkdir -p $DIR && cd $DIR

URLS=('
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/estat-navtree-portlet-prod/BulkDownloadListing?sort=1&downfile=data%2Ftran_r_net.tsv.gz'
'
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/estat-navtree-portlet-prod/BulkDownloadListing?sort=1&downfile=data%2Ftran_hv_psmod.tsv.gz'
'
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/estat-navtree-portlet-prod/BulkDownloadListing?sort=1&downfile=data%2Filc_hcmp06.tsv.gz
')

NAMES=(RailRoadWtrNet.tsv.gz PassenTransMode.tsv.gz PopDistPubTran.tsv.gz)

for i in $(seq 0 $((${#URLS[*]}-1)))

do

    wget ${URLS[i]} -O ${NAMES[i]}

done