Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> on 2007/01/02 20:25:40 UTC

Contributing to .NET Client?

Hi everyone,

I've been following the Qpid progress for some time now and I'm very
interested in AMQP and the qpid implementation, and would like to contribute
to it. In particular, I'd be interested in contributing to the .NET client
implementation.

Some things I'd like to ask:

- Is this something you guys would be interested in?
- What would be the best place to discuss contributions/comments regarding
the .NET client? I see this list seems to be mostly focused for now on the
java and cpp stuff, but I don't know if this is because not many people are
actively working on the other implementations or if it's because the
discussion is being done through other means

Disclaimer: if my questions seem dumb, it's because I've contributed to
other open source projects but not one associated with the asf :)

So, is there any interest? I've already been going through the code and
getting familiar with it, btw.

Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/

RE: Contributing to .NET Client?

Posted by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com>.
Hi Steven,

> It is good to get some eyes on this code. No one else how looked at it
> much afaik.
>
> I reckon raising jiras for the bugs and submitting patches would be
> the best place to start.

Thanks, I'll be doing so for the first few items, and then I'll submit a few
patches for review on the other stuff.

Tomas Restrepo
tomas.restrepo@devdeo.com

Posted by Steven Shaw <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

It is good to get some eyes on this code. No one else how looked at it
much afaik.

I reckon raising jiras for the bugs and submitting patches would be
the best place to start.

Robert Greig also knows the code pretty well and of course much of the
code is a simple port of the Java code.

Cheers,
Steve.

Re: Contributing to .NET Client?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
If you would like to start by posting patches for the bugs you have
found and tests, then once those are
 we can direct you to bigger items if you feel so inclined. All the
items you list are great.

Regards
Carl.

Posted by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com>.