Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/17 22:16:41 UTC

Flink UI - Operator Chaining - broken with "Records Sent"

Hi.  I have an operator that Flink chained together with some side output
operators.  Even though the main output of the operator goes to another
operator, the "Records Sent" metric is still zero.  I'd expect it to be the
number of records of the main output (not the side sink operators).

Is this a known issue?

Re: Flink UI - Operator Chaining - broken with "Records Sent"

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com>.
Hi Dan

This seem to be a known issue [1], and
which is now tracked in [2].

As a whole, now the record sent only shows
the records sent by the "last" operator in the chain,
thus if there are chained sideoutput, the number of
records in main output would be overriden.

Best,
Yun

From:Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2022 Mar. 18 (Fri.) 06:18
To:user <us...@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Re: Flink UI - Operator Chaining - broken with "Records Sent"

This is on Flink v1.12.3.
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 3:16 PM Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.  I have an operator that Flink chained together with some side output operators.  Even though the main output of the operator goes to another operator, the "Records Sent" metric is still zero.  I'd expect it to be the number of records of the main output (not the side sink operators).

Is this a known issue?

[Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 3.04.04 PM.png]

Re: Flink UI - Operator Chaining - broken with "Records Sent"

Posted by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com>.
This is on Flink v1.12.3.