Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Henjarappa, Savitha" <sa...@hp.com> on 2012/12/11 16:33:45 UTC

Hadoop Deployment usecases

Hi,

I am new to Hadoop. Would like to understand the deployment use cases of Hadoop. Can I expect some info on this from this group?

Thanks,
Savitha

RE: Hadoop Deployment usecases

Posted by David Parks <da...@yahoo.com>.
You're likely to find answers to your questions here, but you'll need
specific questions and some rudimentary subject matter knowledge. I'd
suggest starting off with a good book on Hadoop, you'll probably find a lot
of your questions are answered in a casual afternoon of reading. I was
pretty happy with O'Reilly's book "Hadoop the definitive guide". Manning is
another favorite of mine and they have "Hadoop in Action"
http://www.manning.com/lam/

Dave