Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kevin Clark <kc...@virtumundo.com> on 2001/08/09 18:12:57 UTC

VelocityScreens not being executed

Hello,
For some reason, my VelocityScreen classes don't seem to be executed. In
Turbine.properites, I believe my modules path is correct (I haven't changed
it, and my Action classes work). I have the following in
...modules/screens/Index.java:

public class Index extends VelocityScreen
{
    public void doBuildTemplate( RunData data, Context context )
    {
        Log.error("hello");
        context.put("test", "hello");
    }

}

Unfortunately, the Log entry doesn't show up (however, it will when I put
"Log.error(...)" in an Action class), and $test in
templates/screens/index.vm isn't replaced with "hello"...

There's a good chance I've done something stupid, unknowingly. However, I
need help identifing the next step in trouble-shooting this problem. I don't
see any errors in the logs, it just looks like all my templates don't have
Screen Classes associated with them. Please, let me know of any other
configuration or code needed to help identify the problem. Any help will be
appreciated.

-kevin

Re: VelocityScreens not being executed

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/9/01 9:12 AM, "Kevin Clark" <kc...@virtumundo.com> wrote:

> templates/screens/index.vm isn't replaced with "hello"...

Index.vm

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

RE: VelocityScreens not being executed

Posted by Aravinda Ghosh Addala <ar...@majorband.co.uk>.
I think, you should give the vm file name as Index.vm if you screen class is
Index.java (case sensitive)....