Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/20 05:10:06 UTC

Pull requests will be automatically linked to JIRA when submitted

Just a small note, today I committed a tool that will automatically
mirror pull requests to JIRA issues, so contributors will no longer
have to manually post a pull request on the JIRA when they make one.

It will create a "link" on the JIRA and also make a comment to trigger
an e-mail to people watching.

This should make some things easier, such as avoiding accidental
duplicate effort on the same JIRA.

- Patrick

Re: Pull requests will be automatically linked to JIRA when submitted

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nicholas,

That seems promising - I prefer having a proper link to having that fairly
verbose comment though, because in some cases there will be dozens of
comments and it could get lost. I wonder if they could do something where
it posts a link instead...

- Patrick

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.