Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Wilcock <jo...@tradoc.fr> on 2006/03/06 14:02:13 UTC

Empty messages hit pyzor and razor

One of my users just received a totally empty message from a friend
(sent as a test message, but unwisely with no subject or body).

This hit EMPTY_MESSAGE and MISSING_SUBJECT for a total of 4.1 points.
Fair enough - I've seen plenty of empty spam (presumably due to buggy
spamware or as trial runs to eliminate dead addresses).

The problem is that the message also hit Pyzor and Razor (and thus
DIGEST_MULTIPLE) adding another 6.4 points.

I can understand that an empty message is considered spammy - I've seen
plenty of empty spam - but not that SA tries to look up an empty message
in Pyzor and Razor.

Any comments?

> Content analysis details:   (9.7 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
>  0.1 HTML_90_100            BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
> -2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>                             [score: 0.0000]
>  1.1 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY       BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
>  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>  0.5 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
>  1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E4_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 4 confidence level
>                             above 50%
>                             [cf: 100]
>  0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
>                             [cf: 100]
>  3.7 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
>  0.8 DIGEST_MULTIPLE        Message hits more than one network digest check
>  1.8 MISSING_SUBJECT        Missing Subject: header
>  2.3 EMPTY_MESSAGE          Message appears to be empty with no Subject: text

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr