Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by devel - Fashion Content <de...@fashioncontent.com> on 2006/08/05 14:52:03 UTC

on the topic of ResponseBuilder

I use Tapestry for serving mobile html, and have found the content type
support limiting.

As I understand it the ContentType is either determined by the page or a
global default.

The problem is when you serve xhtml, different browsers need to be served
with different mime types.

Is it now possible to contribute a ResponseBuilder that handles such
dependencies?

Henrik

Re: on the topic of ResponseBuilder

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yep. Not only do they render the response, they also get their own instances
of IMarkupWriter (or others) and set the content type however they like..

So...You should be able to control every aspect of the system , esp for
mobile content - with your own special ResponseBuilder contribution.

On 8/5/06, devel - Fashion Content <de...@fashioncontent.com> wrote:

> I use Tapestry for serving mobile html, and have found the content type
> support limiting.
>
> As I understand it the ContentType is either determined by the page or a
> global default.
>
> The problem is when you serve xhtml, different browsers need to be served
> with different mime types.
>
> Is it now possible to contribute a ResponseBuilder that handles such
> dependencies?
>
> Henrik

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer